Online Fundamentals of Systematic Injection Molding
This is an online, interactive course led by a live instructor with a self-guided lab, or an online lab for those who do not have access to a machine. Participants will spend half a day, Monday through Friday, covering course content led by a live RJG instructor. Participants will then be given detailed instructions for self-guided lab activities. For those individuals without machine access, the lab exercises will be performed online by the instructor. If you have questions during the self-guided lab you may contact your assigned coach for assistance. Areas covered include injection molding machine construction, process parameter selection (setting the molding process), the effect of mold temperature control, material handling, and the use of additives with reference to component quality and consistency.
Course Length: 5 days, 4-5 hours a day, with labs that can be completed after each session.
- Self-guided lab experiments with assigned coach or 2-hour online lab
- Overview of machine and elements of process
- Basic procedures for consistent components
- Review of material types and characteristics
- Concepts of component dimensional control