Smartflow® Scientific Cooling Course
Use mold cooling management to produce consistent parts! This comprehensive, two-day class is for designers, mold builders, tooling engineers, and mold technicians who want to better understand and control the effects of mold cooling, which results in a more robust mold design, build, and process.
Participants will learn the tools needed to analyze heat energy and the mold cooling management required to produce consistent, profitable parts. Participants will also learn to systematically challenge the design of new molds and uncover issues with existing molds through a development of best practices for mold cooling management. They will receive an introduction to advanced methods, such as flow simulation, thermal imaging, and high temperature cooling systems.
- Learn energy principles in relation to specific polymers
- Understand how heat transfer and energy flow affect part quality and cycle time
- Create heat budget and balancing using energy flow calculations
- Understand Reynolds number’s relationship to turbulent flow
- Learn turbulent flow’s impact on sustainable molding practices
- Study the three R’s of scientific cooling (reveal, record, repeat) to develop and maintain efficient cooling setup and processes
- Review coolant delivery and distribution principles
- Discover water chemistry’s effect on cooling efficiency
- Participate in hands-on activities to reinforce learning objectives
After successful class completion, with a minimum test score of 70 percent, participants will earn a Scientific Cooling Certificate. They will have the tools needed to implement scientific cooling principles in the molding process.
Course length: 2 days
This course is available as a public course only.
|Start Date||End Date||Name||Language||Location||Open Seats||Price|