Math for Molders – eLearning
Math for Molders provides foundational math skills practice to prepare molders for process development, troubleshooting, and machine testing that are involved in more advanced RJG courses. This online eLearning course allows students to complete each module at their own pace, including the replaying of sections they may struggle with and takes an average of 9-10 hours to complete (You have 12 months from the day you receive your confirmation letter to complete the course). There are eight units in the course with multiple interactive modules in each that include videos, animations, and practice activities. Utilizing real scenarios, molders will be more prepared to calculate data, enabling them to match mold requirements with appropriate machines and avoid common defects while preventing mold and machine damage.
- Area: calculate area of various shapes (squares, rectangles, triangles, circles, and irregular shapes), and calculate total projected area at the parting line
- Ratios: calculate ratios used in screw design (compression ratio and L/D ratio) and intensification ratios for hydraulic machines
- Volume: calculate volumetric shot size and barrel capacity using a volume formula triangle
- Percent usage: calculate percent usage of barrel capacity, cushion, and maximum injection pressure
- Distance, Speed, and Time: calculate linear stroke, and calculate actual fill and speed using a distance, speed, and time formula triangle
- Averages: calculate average cavity pressure, platen deflection, and part weight
- Percent Change and Percent Variation: calculate percent change of part weights and of actual and expected fill times, and calculate percent variation of multiple parts in a multi-cavity mold
- Force, Pressure, and Area: calculate maximum available clamp force and minimum required clamp force using a force, pressure, and area triangle
Math for Molders is available for purchase as a full course or individual units may be purchased separately.
- English (USA) with Imperial units of measurement
- English (UK) with metric units of measurement
- Spanish with Imperial units of measurement