3 mm Press Fit Cavity Temperature Sensor
The Press Fit Cavity Temperature Sensor is a tool used to analyze temperature variation inside the actual mold cavity. These sensors work in conjunction with RJG’s eDART® System to assist molders in diagnosing processing problems relating to temperature issues. The temperature of both the melt and mold make up two of the fourplastic variables that determine how a part is formed.
The Press Fit Cavity Temperature Sensor is simple to install. Simply drill a small hole for the wire and a flat bottomed pocket with the tolerance necessary to press fit the device in from the cavity face.
Features and benefits:
- 3 mm in diameter and 4.5 mm long
- Type K thermocouple
- Sensors can withstand cavity pressures up to 30,000 psi
- Teflon wire coating allows the sensors to work in molds up to 400° F
- 1 ms response time to see a 1-2° C temperature rise
- Reduces installation costs by over 50%
- Made of hardened steel
- Sensor head can be textured or contoured