3 mm Press Fit Cavity Temperature Sensor
The Press Fit Cavity Temperature Sensor is a tool used to analyze temperature variation inside the actual mold cavity. These sensors work in conjunction with RJG’s process control systems to assist molders in diagnosing processing problems relating to temperature issues. The temperature of both the melt and mold make up two of the four plastic variables that determine how a part is formed.
The Press Fit Cavity Temperature Sensor is simple to install. Simply drill a small hole for the wire and a flat bottomed pocket with the tolerance necessary to press fit the device in from the cavity face.
Features and benefits:
- 3 mm in diameter and 4.5 mm long
- Type K thermocouple
- Sensors can withstand cavity pressures up to 30,000 psi
- Teflon wire coating allows the sensors to work in molds up to 400° F
- 1 ms response time to see a 1-2° C temperature rise
- Reduces installation costs by over 50%
- Made of hardened steel
- Sensor head can be textured or contoured