Math for Molders – eLearning
For group registrations of 6 or more students, you may contact your account coordinator for assistance. (231) 933-8175 or Online
Math for Molders provides foundational math skills practice to prepare molders for process development, troubleshooting, and machine testing that are involved in more advanced RJG courses. This online eLearning course allows students to complete each module at their own pace, including the replaying of sections they may struggle with and takes an average of 9-10 hours to complete (You have 30 days from the day you receive your confirmation letter to complete the course).
There are eight units in the course with multiple interactive modules in each that include videos, animations, and practice activities. Utilizing real scenarios, molders will be more prepared to calculate data, enabling them to match mold requirements with appropriate machines and avoid common defects while preventing mold and machine damage.
- Area: calculate area of various shapes (squares, rectangles, triangles, circles, and irregular shapes), and calculate total projected area at the parting line
- Ratios: calculate ratios used in screw design (compression ratio and L/D ratio) and intensification ratios for hydraulic machines
- Volume: calculate volumetric shot size and barrel capacity using a volume formula triangle
- Percent usage: calculate percent usage of barrel capacity, cushion, and maximum injection pressure
- Distance, Speed, and Time: calculate linear stroke, and calculate actual fill and speed using a distance, speed, and time formula triangle
- Averages: calculate average cavity pressure, platen deflection, and part weight
- Percent Change and Percent Variation: calculate percent change of part weights and of actual and expected fill times, and calculate percent variation of multiple parts in a multi-cavity mold
- Force, Pressure, and Area: calculate maximum available clamp force and minimum required clamp force using a force, pressure, and area triangle
What attendees have to say about this course . . .
Being that I have been molding for about five years and I was never taught some of these basic important formulas gives me all the reason in the world to recommend this course to molders with the same experience level as myself.
Very good detailed explanations, interactive and with a lot of reinforcement exercise to make sure it sticks.
It breaks the math down very nicely so even individuals that struggle with math can understand the calculations and reasoning behind the calculations.
It has a nice flow to the learning modules, with real world explanations and plenty of opportunity for practice before the test.
I really think that anyone who takes this will benefit from the well put together, step by step process. I had to go back and learn the difficult equations instead of just guessing which is great!
Each topic was explained thoroughly, multiple times in different ways. With math not being my strongest asset, this was important to me.
It makes a person think about what they are doing which is good because when you’re programming a molding machine a mistake could be costly.
New people are coming to this field every day. It’s good to have a training tool we can understand, follow and apply during our working hours.